Thursday, December 8, 2011

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting

Have I mentioned that patience is not my virtue?  Because it's not.  I don't like waiting for something that I know should be happening, or is going to happen soon.  Or maybe it's that I don't like not knowing when something is going to happen.  I actually like waiting for things like vacations or Christmas because the anticipation is half the fun.  So, maybe I'm a control freak (surprise!) and not such an impatient person.  I'm becoming increasingly jealous of all my friends who enjoyed the beauty that is the scheduled induction.
Anyway, all that to say that we're still waiting for Peanut to arrive.  He/she is not overdue yet (official due date is the 14th), but after my doctor's appointment last week, we thought this could happen at any time.  The doctor said I'm ready to go and could go quickly once the birthday party starts.  Well, that was now 10 days ago.  Boo. 
I finished up at work last week (Dec 4) and am now waiting for my new job of stay-at-home-mom to start.  This waiting period hasn't been all bad...I've got to spend some time with a friend and her babies (Peanut's first playdate...too bad he/she was still in utero), catch up on scrapbooking, get some Christmas baking done (although the closer to Christmas this baby comes, the less likely it is that the Klooster Three will be attending Christmas gatherings), clean the house, sleep in and run errands. 
But, I want this baby to get here soon!!  Because a) I'm pretty much done being pregnant, b) I'm beyond excited to meet this child, and c) nobody wants a Christmas birthday!! 
At my last appointment, the doctor said they wouldn't induce until I'm a week and a half overdue (granted, that's still a while away) and upon doing the math, I figured out that a week and a half after Dec 14 is Dec 24/25.  That would make for an interesting Christmas this year and bummer of a birthday for Peanut.  (I will be lobbying for an earlier induction, if needed, at my next appointment : )  So...we're hoping and praying that this child makes a grand entrance sometime in the next week! 

2 comments:

  1. Christmas birthdays aren't too bad. Brian and Brent are together that day while they live apart during the rest of the year. Pray for a snow storm and that should get you started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was induced with Faith two days after my due date...more for convience than anything else. My doctor was on call on the 22nd and then I knew for sure she wouldn't have a Christmas birthday. We came home from the hospital Christmas Eve. She was a great Christmas gift!

    ReplyDelete